Posted April 21, 2017
Bookmasters upgrades digital fleet with the installation of Canon’s Océ VarioPrint i300 color sheet-fed inkjet press and the Océ ColorStream 3900 continuous feed inkjet press.
March 22, 2010
The month of March is known to be the “reading month.” This is a great time for you to grab your favorite book and dive right in! Or if you haven’t read in a while, check out some intriguing tiles you can grab at your local library or bookstore!
Information about the National Reading Group Month:
The National Reading Group Month, from the Women’s National Book Association, launched National Reading Group Month in October 2007. The WNBA hosts special events in the chapter cities, which include: Boston, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington D.C. The events are welcomed to the public and a portion of the proceeds from select NRGM events are donated to the U.S. Fund for Unicef. (History & Mission, www.nationalreadinggroupmonth.org)
The Mission of WNBA:
· Increase public awareness of the joy and value of shared reading
· Provide a time for reading groups to celebrate their accomplishments and plan for the future
· Provide opportunities for individuals to join an existing reading group or start a new one
· Encourage libraries, bookstores, and organizations to host special reading group events
Listed below, are some interesting reading statistics for you to consider, excerpted from: Jackson, Robyn. Writers Workshop, some startling statistics. From, www.humorwriters.org/startlingstatistics.org. Retrieved on March 22, 2010.
· 53% of readers read fiction (Publishers Weekly)
· 43% of readers read non-fiction (Publishers Weekly)
· The favorite fiction category is mystery and suspense at 19% (Publishers Weekly)
· 55% of fiction is bought by women, 45% by men (Publishers Weekly)
· 120,000 books are published each year in the United States (bookwire.com)
Get into National Book Month, by checking out these AtlasBooks titles, at your local library or bookstore:
Mind, Body, & Spirit