Posted March 27, 2017
Bookmasters has signed new agreements with three publishers to distribute their titles in the United States and abroad.
March 22, 2010
The month of March is known to be the “reading month.” This is a great time for you to grab your favorite book and dive right in! Or if you haven’t read in a while, check out some intriguing tiles you can grab at your local library or bookstore!
Information about the National Reading Group Month:
The National Reading Group Month, from the Women’s National Book Association, launched National Reading Group Month in October 2007. The WNBA hosts special events in the chapter cities, which include: Boston, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington D.C. The events are welcomed to the public and a portion of the proceeds from select NRGM events are donated to the U.S. Fund for Unicef. (History & Mission, www.nationalreadinggroupmonth.org)
The Mission of WNBA:
· Increase public awareness of the joy and value of shared reading
· Provide a time for reading groups to celebrate their accomplishments and plan for the future
· Provide opportunities for individuals to join an existing reading group or start a new one
· Encourage libraries, bookstores, and organizations to host special reading group events
Listed below, are some interesting reading statistics for you to consider, excerpted from: Jackson, Robyn. Writers Workshop, some startling statistics. From, www.humorwriters.org/startlingstatistics.org. Retrieved on March 22, 2010.
· 53% of readers read fiction (Publishers Weekly)
· 43% of readers read non-fiction (Publishers Weekly)
· The favorite fiction category is mystery and suspense at 19% (Publishers Weekly)
· 55% of fiction is bought by women, 45% by men (Publishers Weekly)
· 120,000 books are published each year in the United States (bookwire.com)
Get into National Book Month, by checking out these AtlasBooks titles, at your local library or bookstore:
Mind, Body, & Spirit