No Heavy Lifting
Globetrotting Adventures of a Sports Media Guy
- No Heavy Lifting is not a life story, but stories from life. It encompasses elements of sports (hockey), broadcasting, travel, and adventure. Will have a wide appeal.
- Rob Simpson has 3.6K Twitter fans and has done live reporting on a national level for both TSN and Sportsnet. He co-hosts a national talk radio show on the NHL Network, and he will arrange media appearances on TSN, Sportsnet, CBC, and a range of TV and radio outlets across Boston, New York, Detroit, Los Angeles, Seattle, Boise, Honolulu, and beyond.
- Simpson was born in Michigan and has lived in New York and Hawaii.
- For fans of Jay Onrait's Anchorboy and James Duthie's The Guy on the Left.
- Hockey fandom is growing in non-traditional hockey markets across America, as described in the recent extensive profile on the rise of the Nashville Predators in the New York Times (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/sports/hockey/from-hockey-101-in-nashville-to-a-phd-with-predators.html?_r=0).
Rob Simpson is one of the only human beings in the last five years to bridge the rivalry between TSN and Rogers Sportsnet, having done live reporting and play-by-play for both. Simpson co-hosts a national radio talk show on NHL Network radio and used to host NHL Live in New York. He lives in Toronto; find him on Twitter @simmerpuck. John Shannon, a former longtime hockey broadcast executive, is a Sports Emmy Award–winning analyst and a current panelist on Sportsnet’s Hockey Central.