Air Fry Genius
100+ New Recipes for EVERY Air Fryer
The Blue Jean Chef turns her culinary genius onto the latest hot cooking appliance trend—air frying!
Whether you're a novice in the kitchen or a more experienced chef, Air Fry Genius takes home cooks beyond air frying as a trend, teaching you how to use any air fryer to create easy, delicious meals with less guilt than traditional frying.
Including 100+ recipes—from wholesome breakfasts to decadent desserts, and each paired with color photos—Air Fry Genius also includes Meredith Laurence's signature tips and tricks for getting the most out of your air fryer using frying, roasting, and baking techniques to create healthier, faster, and less messy meals to impress your family and friends.
Those new to air frying will love Air Fry Genius's "Easy" recipes for beginners, along with tips on how to convert traditional recipes to air fryer recipes, air fry cooking time charts, and primers throughout the book on various air-frying techniques. Experienced cooks looking to enhance their culinary skills will also love this book, with recipes and ways to take their air-frying skills to the next level. Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free recipes are abundant, as well as tips for planning ahead. All recipes includes nutrition information so you can be well-informed about what you're eating.
- Snacks & Appetizers: Avocado Fries with Quick Salsa Fresca, Dill Fried Pickles, Veggie Chips, Cauliflower "Tater" Tots, Fried Mozzarella en Carrozza with Putanesca Sauce
- Breads & Breakfast: Hush Puffins, Peppered Maple Bacon Knots, French Toast & Turkey Sausage Roll-ups, Cheesy Olive & Roasted Red Pepper Bread
- Beef: Meatloaf with Tangy Tomato Glaze, Vietnamese Beef Lettuce Wraps, T-Bone Steak with Roasted Tomato, Corn & Asparagus Salsa
- Pork & Lamb: Blackberry BBQ Glazed Country-Style Ribs, Lollipop Lamb Chops with Mint Pesto, Crispy Pork Medallions with Endive & Radicchio Salad
- Chicken & Poultry: Nashville Hot Chicken, Thai Turkey and Zucchini Meatballs, Maple Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts, Sesame Orange Chicken
- Fish & Seafood: Lobster Tails with Lemon Garlic Butter, Shrimp Sliders with Avocado, Quick Shrimp Scampi, Crab Stuffed Salmon Roast
- Vegetarian Main Dishes: Corn and Pepper Jack Chile Rellenos with Roasted Tomato Sauce, Quinoa Burgers with Feta and Dill, Spaghetti Squash and Kale Fritters, General Tso's Cauliflower
- Vegetable Side Dishes: Fried Green Tomatoes with Sriracha Mayo, Jerk Rubbed Corn on the Cob, Roasted Heirloom Carrots with Orange and Thyme, Parmesan Asparagus
- Desserts: Air-Fried Beignets, Hasselback Apple Crisp, Black and Blue Clafoutis, S'mores Pockets
Meredith Laurence, the Blue Jean Chef, has worked in numerous capacities and settings in the food world. After graduating from the New England Culinary Institute, she first honed her skills in two Michelin-rated restaurants in Les-Baux-de-Provence, France. She then went on to work as a line cook at Zuni Café in San Francisco and at Café Rouge in Berkeley, California.
Meredith set out on a different culinary path when she returned to teach at the New England Culinary Institute in Vermont, instructing professional culinary students during the day and home cooks in the evenings. Having found her real passion for teaching home cooks, she moved back to San Francisco to teach and manage at two HomeChef® cooking schools (now Viking Culinary Arts Centers). At the same time, Meredith worked in the world of food and product consulting at the Center for Culinary Development, where she acquired an expertise in creating and testing recipes. For the last thirteen years, she has worked as the Blue Jean Chef® on live television doing on air cooking demonstrations, giving QVC customers advice on cooking and equipping their kitchens.
Meredith is the USA Today bestselling author of six cookbooks. The first book, Blue Jean Chef: Comfortable in the Kitchen, received rave reviews, and helped home cooks broaden their repertoire and become more versatile with a variety of cooking techniques in the kitchen. In her follow-up books in the Blue Jean Chef series, Comfortable Under Pressure, Delicious Under Pressure, and Fast Favorites Under Pressure, Meredith offers easy-to-read instructions for pressure-cooking and provides a wide variety of recipes for the pressure cooker, along with clear instructions and tips. In her latest collection, Meredith makes the Air Fryer a must-have appliance by creating even more flavorful, easy and unexpected recipes in Air Fry Everything and Air Fry Genius.
As the Blue Jean Chef, Meredith’s belief is that being comfortable in the kitchen is key to successful and enjoyable cooking. How comfortable? Well, as comfortable as you would be in your blue jeans, relaxing with friends.